The Lung Brothers

Hanging out at the extreme end of the long tail ...

Thursday, January 13, 2005

AWOL

Forgive me. Forgive me. For I have been a neglectful little blogeroo. In order for lungs to work, they must exhale once in a while and this breath of fresh text is long overdue.


You see we went back to the Auld Sod for Christmas where I was promptly laid low with the flu and was thus able to enjoy the full sensory experience of a real Irish homecoming. Needless to say, sweating, shivering and coughing in bed did not get my creative juices flowing, so not a keyboard did I caress during the stay at my folks house.

While over there, my larynx did manage to stop manufacturing phlegm long enough for me to drop the big news on my family that CS and I are going to be parents. The moment of truth was caught on video and all, most dramatic. He or she will be the first of its generation in both families so the little bugger is going to get lavished with more attention than Paris Hilton.

Now I know what you’re thinking. This is going to end up being one of those ‘we’re-having-a-baby’ blogs. But fear not, for although it is true that I’ll have to put off a couple of personal projects (polar expedition, cure for cancer etc.), I do promise that there will be no future talk of epidurals, snot pumps or green-hued caca .There’s well enough baby talk in blogland without me dumping my two cents worth there as well.

It is also worth remembering that this is a shared blog and Lung Brother Nº. 1 (or Lung the Elder as he’s known to his friends and chiropractors) can always be counted on to give a version of his fancy free life of leisure, unfettered by offspring or the like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home